Thank you to this year’s Little Cottonwood sponsor:
Formidable Forms is a fully featured form builder for WordPress and so much more. Don’t just collect data, use it to create directories, listings, reports, and anything else you can imagine. And do it all with one simple to use plugin.
Little Cottonwood sponsors are what make WordCamps like this one the best 🙂
WordCamp Salt Lake City is coming up in short order, and we need you to help us with the most important part of all: Finding our speakers!
As you may remember, we conducted a poll a few weeks back to find out what folks in the WordPress community found most important about WordCamps, ranking everything from what they value in presentations to what is the most important factor in making a WordCamp worthwhile.
Here are a few things we learned.
- The vast majority of you–80%–have been to a WordCamp before, and 64% of responders have been to WCSLC in the past.
- Nearly 50% of responders were developers, with front-end developers taking the lead with 27%.
- 25% of responders worked for a WordPress agency, with 20% following as freelancers.
- Most of you are omnivores.
- Several of you have a major fear of public speaking, and when asked what would make speaking more appealing to you, y’all started clowning around with answers like, “Probably drugs,” “A pill to cure stage fright,” and, “Desire on my part.”
When it comes to presentation topics, you tend to prefer…
- ￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼Designer-centric topics (responsive design, theme development, user interface design, etc.)
- ￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼Business-centric topics (selling physical/digital products with WordPress, how to use WordPress for business owners, etc.)
- ￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼User-centric topics (SEO, cool plugins to use, podcasting, how to customize the dashboard, etc.)
When picking presentations to attend, the top three most important factors you identified are…
- That the presentation addresses something you haven’t heard of or learned yet.￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼
- That the presentation is technically advanced.
- That the presentation is unique/unusual for WordCamps.
The single most important thing to a successful WordCamp?
According to the small sample of folks who participated in our poll, one thing reigns above all else:
A fantastic speaker lineup
Why am I telling you all of this?
Because maybe, just maybe, this will give you an idea of what kind of presentations our particular crowd is looking for–although we’re a small WordCamp, so we’d love to see what you have in mind no matter what!
Please join us and share your WordPress knowledge at WCSLC!
Please fill out the following form with details on who you are and your proposed presentation. We will be closing speaker applications August 14th, 2016, so get on it!
Continue reading WCSLC 2016 Call For Speakers!